Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new furries

They're looking great hen, Mini looks like a cheeky wee git

Not updated this in like ages!!! I now have 12 ferrets . Millie and Milo the first two I rescued are really showing their age , they have slowed down an awful lot. I ended up getting these 3 as company, but it all went horribly wrong and Milo kept attacking them so these three (Eddie (silver), Riffraff and Fizzgig all live in another cage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEi638NR-Q

Then earlier this year I rescued a group of 5 ferrets, a couple of months ago I ended up taking in Buck (Sandy) from the rescue, then 3 weeks ago the rescue offered me this little white girl who had been tied up in a bag and dumped how could I say no so I have a 3rd massive hutch with 7 in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN5NIUt1Ws0
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

I love watching them, reminds me of when I was a kid and worked with polecats at local country park.

Update on my ferret collection: Sadly in December I had to have Milo put to sleep due to a tumour in his stomach, so Millie is now on her own. The rescue I used sent me a ferret, Sam two days after I lost Milo. Sam was in a dreadful state, de-hydrated, unable to eat, yet the rescue said he was fine.. despite my best efforts Sam gave up fighting and died in my arms after just 3 days with me. This left me really raw, worse was the way the rescue treated me. They totally denied anything was wrong with Sam and said he was perfectly fit and healthy, just depressed being in a rescue. I found out they only had him on the Thursday and had him up for adoption on the Friday morning, they had a friend deliver him to me on the Monday and he died on the Thursday. I tried contacting them after Sam died (the person that bought him over was messaging me on facebook asking how Sam was and he passed on messages to the rescue) I went to message the rescue and they had blocked me!! Needless to say I was not happy with them at all for re-homing a dying ferret.

So after all that upset I was still trying to find a friend for Millie and I enquired about a ferret, sadly he found a home. During that time Millie has got used to living on her own. I got a message to say Teddy had been returned and could I home him, so today we went to Nottingham and went and got him..

New guy is bottom left, being washed by the other two.

Very cute, i would be inclined to have that rescue investigated, not all rescue places are good, they seem to go blind about a rescues needs or, run out of money but still take on animals without the funds for proper care.

The rescue in question is now closed, Sam was the last ferret they took in. I found out they had been running without a vet available for a few months and they were out of funds so I did not get the chance to try and get any justice for Sam . If I had known I wouldn't of taken him knowing he had not been vet checked.

Another ferret arrived this week. She has come to me via my vet who called me to ask if I could help look after her because the rescue's they tried were full! Hubby and I went out yesterday to the area she was found. She was dumped in a box by a block of flats, someone then tipped the two ferrets in a rubbish shoot. Someone saw them do it and opened up the shoot, one ferret escaped but they caught the one I have. The second ferret was luckily captured a day later and was taken to a pet shop, we have tried to locate this ferrets mum, but none of the pet shops we tried admitted to taking in a ferret

She is only young and very thin. In the 3 days I have had her she has gained 100g