:D experience with yellow shrimp and amano?

I love shrimp one of my favs just bought two yellow shrimp think I have one male one female want to get some more has any one bred these before? I've had success with cherrys im hoping to eventually breed amano I only have one of them for now

I haven't bred yellows - yet! I bought some before Christmas but 3 were dead or injured on arrival and over a period of about a week they all died I've since learnt that different colonies of shrimp have different bacterial populations and the filter I used had been matured in my rcs tank so I think that might have been the problem. I've got some more coming when they are big enough and this time I've matured the filter independantly of any other fish or shrimp so fingers crossed this time they survive! These have also been tank bred in the UK so may be hardier. I hope so anyway!!

Viv

Ooo lovely what rcs sorry? I hope you succeed with the new ones do you have yours mailed? I bought mine from a lfs they very £5 each

rcs = red cherry shrimp Yeah, I have mine mailed - the ones I had were £3.25 each + £12 P&P. The ones that are coming are £2.60 each and postage will be £8.

Have you looked into breeding amanos? I've read that they need brackish water for the young but haven't found out at what point this is. I mean, do the adults go in brackish water when you want them to breed, is it the berried females that go in or is it the shrimplets? And how gradual does the change from fresh to salty have to be? If/when you go ahead you must start a diary of how you go about it as I'd be very interested!!

Viv

Yes I'm going to look into both if you breed the yellows could you tell me please my amano I have is very active I defiantly want to get more I like how there quite big I know you can get bamboo/filter shrimp that are big but I don't think they look very nice and cherries dont seem to get that big I wish tropical shrimp got as big as Marine cleaner shrimp could you message me where you get your shrimp from please as yours are really good prices

my yellow is pregnant

amano's wont just breed in your tank like other shrimp, the adults move to brackish water to drop the young, its quite a difficult progress to breed them. needing a brackish hatchery with specific conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by m_attt View Post
    amano's wont just breed in your tank like other shrimp, the adults move to brackish water to drop the young, its quite a difficult progress to breed them. needing a brackish hatchery with specific conditions.
    i only have one amano in atm so is there any point of me getting him a friend?

D experience with yellow shrimp and amano

My amphipod population seems to have fizzled out - was wondering if anybody had some to spare that they could bring to ReefEd tomorrow Saturday?ThanksLarry